The Beginning of the Road

Normally, when starting a journey of epic proportions, you have a road map. An idea where you are, where you want to go and the best way to get there. This isn’t one of those journeys. There isn’t really a start and end or a reliable map of where it’s going.

If this sort of trip isn’t your thing, too bad. I didn’t get a choice, either. We’re in it together for good or ill, so put your seat belt on because it’s going be one hell of a ride.

My promise: I won’t post any gross pictures or go crazy talking about the details of all the procedures.  This blog is an opportunity for me to chronicle decisions and treatment results, and hopefully do it with some faith, optimism and levity. I’m sure there will be some crabbing and bitching, that’s part of who I am, as is the use of language that isn’t always appropriate for all audiences. I’ll try not to go overboard on that as well.

Oh, and if anybody brought snacks, please feel free to share. No road trip starts without an awesome playlist or great snacks.

About Pink Ribbon Road

This blog is about receiving and living with a breast cancer diagnosis.
This entry was posted in Diagnosis, The Not Cancer Part, Treatment and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Beginning of the Road

1. Janis Waltwr says:

I’m here with prayers and support.

2. Janet Oswald says:

Thinking of you and lifting you in prayer on this journey!

3. Janet Oswald says:

Kick cancers ass!

4. Laura Poquette-Helsper says:

Prayers n hugs for your journey from beginning till the medical staff rids you of this disease.

5. Alexandria Hadden says:

I’m glad to be invited along for the ride! Thank you!

6. Dolly says:

Stay strong and keep us posted!!!

7. Ted and LaVona says:

We’re following you.

8. Cindi Deppa says:

I’ll be following your insights during your journey. I too KNOW you will kick your cancer’s ass. Prayers and Merry Christmas.

Liked by 1 person

9. Wow. I’ll be ringside for your fight, Lori!

Liked by 1 person

10. Mark Burrs says:

Lori, I am soory this is the journey we must share but thank you for the invite. We have had occasional differences but not unlike siblings. You have always had a special place in my heart.

Are we allowed to touch the car stereo? (Some people get really touchy about that.)

One more thing….are we there yet?

11. Linda Erichsen-Meister says:

I’m here as well First thing is you got this. You Are a strong lady and you will fight with all strength you have without a doubt. Second you have so many people praying for you to have enough strength to get through this . Third sometimes swearing actually can make you feel good in a way. So go for it! Fourth play the fight song this is your fight it’ll bring you up when you feel like you can’t do it anymore. Fifth you are needed and wanted and cancer can’t take that away!!! Sixth let your journey begin praying for you at this most difficult time.
    With love and peace
    Linda Erichsen-Meister

12. Tracy Arnold-Chapman says:

Jeff, my husband, took me along for this ride a couple of times a few years ago. It’s good to have company. Standing with you over hills and through valleys.