Thursday, April 27, 2018
I met with the surgeon to discuss the options for my surgery. Since last fall, I’d agreed with her determination that a partial mastectomy would be the right choice.
The results of the mammogram, ultrasound and MRI are back. The tumors were significantly smaller than when they were scanned in November. The main breast tumor is almost half its size and is less dense, and the axillary lymph node is as well. The other 2 lymph nodes were back to “normal.” Whew.
When all was said and done, there was still a question about the nodules in my lung from last fall. The surgeon ordered a CT scan to see what became of them. The good news is that they’re still there. They were really small before, and if they were cancer, they’d be gone. The general consensus is that they are something else, unrelated to my cancer. Whew again.
After some misunderstandings, my surgery is now scheduled for Friday, May 11th. As it turns out, there is a very small window for when surgery must be completed after chemo is done. Woulda been nice if they’d have let me in on that secret a little sooner. I’m sure the radiation scheduling will come with its own unique set of surprises. Can’t wait.